I am a DEFENDANT in an upcoming frivolous Temp. Protective order hearing. What is a good example of an OPENING STATEMENT

Decatur, GA |

Ok.
The protective order is out of DeKalb Superior Court in Dekalb County, GA
Wife MAY NOT even show up to the TPO hearing, as she has absconded to another state with NO plans on returning. JUSSSSSSST in case she shows up, what is a good example of a DEFENDANTS opening statement? The TPO was file using FALSE accusations of SEVERAL incidents of abuse. NONE of the alleged incidents were reported to the police. 911 was NEVER called. Back in April she called the police in a fit of rage and they responded. I was arrested for simple battery. However, she IMMEDIATELY wrote to the Asst. Solicitor and BEGGED him to "Nolle Prosse" the case, which HE agreed to do. In her letter she stated that SHE was the aggressor and that I was NEVER abusive and she DOES NOT fear me. Anyway, whats a good opener??

BEFORE YOU SAY IT, I WILL RETAIN AN ATTORNEY. I REPEAT, I WILL RETAIN A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, I PLAN ON HIRING AN ATTORNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. If you plan on hiring an attorney to represent you in this matter, there is no reason for another attorney to give suggestions for what your attorney should possibly say in their opening statement. Also, no attorney on here is going to serve as a "backseat" counsel for someone. If your wife doesn't show up, you can request at the hearing that the TPO action be dismissed. It sounds like your marriage may be over, so I would advise, in addition to handling the TPO action, that you consider getting a divorce. Good luck.

2. I agree with Daniel. If you are hiring an attorney and assuming you are paying him, this kind of task is why you pay him. I am sure a lawyer near you can come up with a clever enough opening statement or he wouldn't be a lawyer very long. Good luck!

This response does not establish an Attorney-Client relationship. It is highly advised that if you wish to discuss this further that you inquire into hiring local counsel.

3. Hire an attorney and allow him to decide how he wants to proceed. That is why you are hiring an attorney.

Domestic violence topics