I am a defendant in a civil case. It is an embezzlement case. My x employer was a lawyer and he accused me of embezzlement.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sydney, FL

I had a lawyer but he got suspended and I'm overseas. I found out that my employer gave formal proof in court against me. Ai believe I'm going to loose as I don't have a lawyer. I am unemployed, I don't have any property or asset, and I don't have a bank account. what will happen when I'm not getting any income. I'm 29 years old.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Answered . This inquiry is impossible to begin to consider. You don't say whether the investigation is federal or state or the nature of the accusation. if you are arrested in the United States on felony charges, then the Constitution requires appointment of counsel to represent the indigent. i would suggest that you consult counsel immediately, or apply for counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction if you cannot afford a lawyer. You should not use this forum to disclose confidential information about your possible criminal case.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes or no is not an answer to ANY inquiry that involves a legal analysis by an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
    Legal analysis is not simple math(2+2=4). Generalized questions can only yield a speculative answer. Then the questioner attempts to apply the speculation to their specific matter. Consultation with a seasoned criminal defense attorney is the best approach.

    Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should... more
  3. Answered . As noted, it is impossible to answer this question with this limited amount of information. You need to contact an experienced lawyer where the case is being heard and have them advise you.

    This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney... more
  4. Answered . "I am a defendant in a civil case. It is an embezzlement case."

    That does not sound correct. Embezzlement is a crime. Further, it strains credulity to think that you could be a defendant in a trial while out of the country - "overseas."

    You need to retain counsel in whatever jurisdiction this trial is supposedly taking place in.

    The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Related Topics

Criminal charges for embezzlement

Embezzlement is dishonestly redirecting or withholding assets from a business, often falsifying accounting records to make expenses appear legitimate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,769 answers this week

3,841 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,769 answers this week

3,841 attorneys answering