I am a current cannabis patient with a valid Washington state recommendation. My landlord just found out and wants to evict me!!

Asked over 1 year ago - Vancouver, WA

I have been a legal patient for a couple of years now and the cost and availability of quality medicine led me to growing it myself. On Mar 23rd in the afternoon I had to leave with my children and had forgotten that I left my water filter on. We left for several hours and when we returned around 9pm we discovered our front door was damaged and there was debris everywhere. I went inside to see some water on the laminate floor and screws and nails laying on the floor I stepped on one and injured my foot. I was worried that someone had broken in and didn't notice that the door had been repaired. After I was aware that it had been water not a burglar that broke down my door my rights were the biggest thing at risk now. I am a OEF OIF vet and I won't be trampled on, this is unconstitutional.

1. Elizabeth Rankin Powell

4

1

Answered . The landlord cannot evict you for using MMJ, but you can be evicted for waste or damaging the property, no matter how it happens. The landlord has to start by giving you written notice. If you get a notice, that is a good time to lawyer up. There are attorneys who are interested in MJ issues and would likely be willing to assist you. Hope this helps. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.