I am a conditional green card holder and i have to apply for my removal in november.

New York, NY |

I am a conditional green card holder and i have to apply for my removal in november. My only concern is what of documents i have to provide with my husband. They re asking for bills but we live with my mom and my dad so we don't have any bills on our name, neither contract or mortgage payment. The only thing we have is health insurance together and our taxes. Is that enough?

What kind of documents we need to provide? Since we re living with my parents. We only have our joint tax returns, health insurance, car insurance letters, bank account. What could possibly happen if you dont have sufficient documents?

No that is not 'enough'.

Meet with an attorney, you should have joint tax returns and affidavits ... at a minimum.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Hi sir, what affidavits? We have joint tax returns.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Read the instructions closely and/or schedule a time to meet with an attorney.

You should provide all the evidence you have
and explain why certain items of evidence are not available. Consider submitting a letter from your mom in lieu of a lease/mortgage. It is impossible for anyone on this forum to tell you if what you have is "enough" because every case is different and Immigration Officers have significant discretionary powers to request additional evidence. If you are concerned that you have little evidence to support your application, it is extremely important to retain an experienced immigration attorney.

Hire an immigration lawyer to review your case and evidence. There are some other types of evidence you may be able to provide, and a competent immigration lawyer will be able to provide you with some great suggestions. In addition, you need an immigration lawyer to help prepare you for the second marriage interview at a minimum, and preferably to attend with you. At the interview, you need to explain your circumstances, including why some evidence is not available. Then be able to provide alternate types of evidence that shows your marriage is bona fide.

I agree with my colleagues.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

On the Internet, no one can tell you accurately what is or is not enough, because this requires a thorough discussion of your circumstances and a review of the documents you do have. Meet with a qualified immigration attorney in person, discuss your relationship and immigration history and any documents that may be available, and make sure you are well-prepared and represented by counsel at your interview.

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you for your answer. Where is your office located? Do you think they will request us for a second interview? We already went on an interview the first time and it went great.

Karin Wolman

Karin Wolman

My office is in lower Manhattan at 48 Wall St. If you click on the link to my law firm website, shown above, it will show you the address, and a map indicating which subway lines stop near here (most of them).

Tax law topics