I am a Canadian Citizen, can I live in the US?

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashville, TN

I am a Canadian Citizen and my fiancee just did his refugee papers to the US, his application got accepted but he didn't apply for the green Card yet as it hasn't been a year yet... What would be my status if we got married... after he applies for the green card and gets it? can he do the papers for me so I can move? what is the best solution for this... is it better to live in Canada, or can he do the papers for me so I can live in the US?
please advice,
thanks

1. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . Getting married to an asylum /refugee does not change your status in the U.S. If and when he gets his green card he can file a petition for you to immigrate. Until the visa is approved and available, it will not give you a right to live and work in the U.S.

2. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Berman

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Berman.

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I, too, agree.