I am a business man of 44 year Bangladeshi,holding B1/b2, can I do MBA in the US ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I am a business man ,age 44 years,done my bachelor degree in 1990 ,currently owner of 25% share of a residential home building co in BD.Also the Managing director of the company,currently holding valid 5 mult B1/B2 visa (my wife & 2 minor kids are also holding same visa as mine) we are in Bangladesh now..The question is can I get admission for 1 year MBA course in any US institution? My real intention to develop my knowledge & skill to manage my existing business in my home country more efficiently.Yes may be (Not completely sure) after 5-6 years I can initiate to open a business in the US or Canada. I have the financial capacity to support living of my family with me during the study period besides the expenses of my MBA study.It is my real intention to finish the course come back to my

1. Romy B Jurado

4

Answered . You can apply for a student visa. Contact an immigration attorney to fully discuss your particular situation.

www.JuradoLawFirm.com (305) 921-0440 info@juradolawfirm.com Real Estate Law | Business Law | Immigration Law
  2. Eugene J. Glicksman

5

Answered . You would need to apply for a student visa in order to attend a school for an MBA program. I would suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney near you for professional guidance before taking any further action.

Good luck!

3. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

4

Answered . You should apply to an MBA program, once you receive an I-20, apply for F-1 visa.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  4. Brian Haksoon Lee

4

Answered . It appears you are eligible to apply for F-1 visa, but there is no safety net when it comes to immigrant intent. You should plan your application with assistance of an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

5. Shahzad Ahmed

2

Answered . Yes, bhai. Try the student visa. And keep your business operational and substantial in Bangladesh for a possible L-1 visa to the U.S. Regards.

6. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

Answered . Sure, there is no reason that you could not apply for the visa. That you have the means to support your family and genuine nonimmigrant intent are positive factors. While you are older than the typical student visa applicant, you do seem to have a viable reason for pursuing study, so this should not in and of itself be a reason for denial. What you need to do now is: 1) research schools and speak to their International Admissions/Students department to see whether they can admit you, 2) speak to an immigration attorney via phone or Skype to discuss the timing and application logistics. Best of luck.

Jeff Khurgel
    Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in All 50 States
    Office: (949) 509-6515
    Web: www.khurgel.com
    Email: info@khurgel.com

7. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

3

Answered . It sounds like you should be eligible for a student visa. You should contact an immigration attorney to discuss your specific plans and eligibility.