I am a American citizen, how long would it take me to bring my my sister to America

Asked over 3 years ago - Arlington, TX

I am a American citizen, how long would it take me to bring my my sister to America from Ghana, Africa.

1. Wendy Renee Whitt

Answered . Although it is impossible to determine an exact waiting time, waiting periods for a sibling are very long. For siblings in Africa, you should expect to wait between 6-10 years from the time your green card petition is received by USCIS. For more information about the sibling green card process, please see http://www.whittfirm.com/family-immigration/fam....

[In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.]

2. Andre R. Olivie

Answered . Right now, they are processing sibling cases that were filed 11 years ago. Sometimes the waiting period changes, but that is what the wait has been recently.

If it is possible, it may be faster for you to petition for your parent and then have your parent petition for their daughter when they arrive..

You may call me for a free consultation at (206) 724-1940.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
    www.olivielaw.com