I am a American citizen, how long would it take me to bring my family to the usa? i mean my wife, 19 years old and son 6 months.

Asked over 4 years ago - Wildomar, CA

i am 21 years old and i want to bring my family to the us. i want to know how long would the process take.

1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

Answered . Well, you should file for an I-130 petition first for them. Then the process will go to National visa center and as for your son, was he born before or after you became citizen. The entire process if done right, should take around 6 months to 1 year. I will advise you talk to a lawyer at least for a consultation to go over the various options

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain
    to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created
    unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now