I am a 42 year old female that was misdiagnosed by my family Dr.for thyroid disease and treated for it, although I don't have it

Turnersville, NJ |

I was also treated for a high blood count, CBC, when I was and still am, anemic. I have physical printed proof of the negligence on paper and is also on my personal patient portal, that is available to me, the patient to login and see my medical information. I was at my appt. with this Dr,along with my spouse, while the Dr. had his laptop out facing us, as this is the new way of charts instead of paper, while the Dr. saw the highlighted labs flagging the blood work as another patients and said to please disregard the results as it was another ladies results and not mine. He never told me of the other 2 times my blood work was misplaced and switched with this same lady. I saw it on my patient portal . Many more mistakes to mention here

Consult a medical malpractice attorney to be sure but it doesn't appear your damages are substantial enough to warrant bringing a claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

The most important question in a case like this is what are the damages? You can use whichever doctor you want, but if there are no damages then a lawsuit would not be warranted.

Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 179 Cedar Lane Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

I was also just diagnosed with an abdominal aorta aneurysm, a brain aneurysm, and a heart and neck aneurysm. These are all listed in multiple files throughout the medical records being held online for all the doctors to see. The problem is, I had chest pain 2 days ago and called the homecare nurse they sent me home from the hospital with. She said and showed me that I am listed as having a brain aneurysm and a neck aneurysm. I do have a neck aneurysm, not brain. God forbid as she agreed I needed emergency surgery from passing out and the Dr. went and opened my skull instead of my neck? Also, the night after, I was sent another nurse, he said I was listed as having an abdominal aneurysm, no brain or neck , so someone has been wrecking my records severely now causing me to not know what I have and I am going untreated because of this. A lot more to tell, all documented.

Without significant damages, a malpractice case could easily cost thousands more than would be recovered, but have a local malpractice lawyer in your area review the medical records.

Medical malpractice is difficulty to prove and it is a costly litigation. As such, unless you have significant damages, its generally hard to get an attorney to handle the case and lay out the expenses. Gather your medical records and take them to a local personal injury attorney who offers a free 30 minute consultation. I know several in your area if you need assistance finding a consult. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Thank you. I would appreciate it if you could send me those listings to my email.

Matthew C Simon

Matthew C Simon

Marijo C. Adimey [mca@shlpc.com] is an excellent medical malpractice attorney near you. Email her and tell her that Matt Simon (John Tierney's Associate) referred you. Best of luck.

I will email her. It's just that I'm so tired and can't even sit up to type. I need someone to help me soon. Especially if I do have 4 aneurysms. I need to find out asap what is correct. And now the nurses Cooper hospital set me up with have stopped calling and checking in with me since I told them I'm seeking legal councel about the misdiagnosis.So here I sit, getting sicker by the second >

Matthew C Simon

Matthew C Simon

Contact her ASAP. She will meet with you and discuss the particulars of your case. I wish you the best. Matthew C. Simon, Esq. The Law Office of John Tierney 1259 Route 46 East Building 3, Suite 133 Parsippany NJ 07054 Tel: 973-588-3050 Fax: 973-588-3048

Hello Matthew. I never heard back from her. I also just put up a new request for aid with a divorce and alimony from my abusive husband of 20 years.

Matthew C Simon

Matthew C Simon

I am so sorry to hear that. Email me at Matthew@jtlaw.org and I will send you several referrals tomorrow. Again, my apologies.

Sorry to learn. Assume everything done 100% correct. How are you different now? That is the key question.

Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I have not received any of my test results, or paperwork from the hospital stay since the diagnosis. Also, everyone of my doctors are not able to get my information either. Even after my signing a permission form. They all said they never had that problem before and the nurses that came to check me from an outside agency said they couldn't get any info on me either and I should absolutely assume a cover up of their misdiagnosis. The problem is, I went into the hospital for back pain. I started having slight chest pain and the Dr. sent me immediately for a CT scan with dye . I had to get the scan redone twice because the nurse doing the scan injected me with too much dye and it felt like my arm was blowing apart. Then not 10 minutes after the CT scan, the Dr came in and said I have an aneurysm on my heart. Well I panicked. I mean, I went in for back pain. Then she said I had to be rushed to Intensive care at Cooper in Camden and there I sat until about 2 hours after they said I didn't need to go to ICU and put me in a regular room. After that, the next day they did an echo of my heart and found no aneurysm. So basically, Cooper found nothing, and Kennedy found the aneurysm and are the ones that mad me go into a panic, cost my insurance God knows what, and I and my Drs still can't get my complete file that states any measurements or anything from Cooper or Kennedy. Not to mention the only records that were able to be accessed stated I suddenly have an abdominal aneurysm when I was not scanned for that at anytime, nor did I ever have it listed in my records in past or present until a week and a half after hospital stay. Also Kennedy said I have a brain aneurysm. I did not get me head scanned and prior had no history. So there is medical document negligence at the very least I beleive. Along with the pain and suffering I am going through still not knowing why they said this and my Dr. is afraid to treat my back until they get a repeat scan of the heart and abdomen. But my insurance isn't approving it, so I am suffering severe pain day and night from several herniated and bulging neck and lumbar discs I have. I was just injured and found the herniated lumbar discs and started treatment, but it is not working. So because of all this I sit and have my pain wreck havoc on my body. Along with the anxiety of not knowing what is the truth and why they lied and said I had things I was never tested for. So to say how I'm different, I hope I answered that with clarity.

It's disturbing that there was an ongoing problem with medical records that affected your treatment.

I would consider seeing a new doctor since they have an on-going problem mixing up your records with that of another person and have not been able to straighten it out.

If that is not an option, you need to discuss with them what actions they are going to take to make certain that the records do not get mixed up in the future. You might consider writing a letter to the head of the practice.

You also have the option of filing a complaint with the NJ Board of Medical Examiners - more information here - http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/bme/faq/conFAQ.htm

I agree with the other attorneys that a medical malpractice lawyer might not want to take this case but t's a good thing that you weren't seriously injured by getting the wrong treatment.

This response does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Due to the complexity and ever-changing nature of the law and to the limitations of this forum, this information may not be adequate for your specific situation.