I am a 42 year old female that was misdiagnosed by my family Dr.for thyroid disease and treated for it, although I don't have it

Asked over 1 year ago - Turnersville, NJ

I was also treated for a high blood count, CBC, when I was and still am, anemic. I have physical printed proof of the negligence on paper and is also on my personal patient portal, that is available to me, the patient to login and see my medical information. I was at my appt. with this Dr,along with my spouse, while the Dr. had his laptop out facing us, as this is the new way of charts instead of paper, while the Dr. saw the highlighted labs flagging the blood work as another patients and said to please disregard the results as it was another ladies results and not mine. He never told me of the other 2 times my blood work was misplaced and switched with this same lady. I saw it on my patient portal . Many more mistakes to mention here

1. Benjamin G Kelsen

8

Answered . The most important question in a case like this is what are the damages? You can use whichever doctor you want, but if there are no damages then a lawsuit would not be warranted.

Pro

7

Answered . Without significant damages, a malpractice case could easily cost thousands more than would be recovered, but have a local malpractice lawyer in your area review the medical records.

3. George Costas Andriotis

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Consult a medical malpractice attorney to be sure but it doesn't appear your damages are substantial enough to warrant bringing a claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Michael A Ferrara Jr

Pro

2

1

Answered . Sorry to learn. Assume everything done 100% correct. How are you different now? That is the key question.

5. Matthew C Simon

Pro

1

1

Answered . Medical malpractice is difficulty to prove and it is a costly litigation. As such, unless you have significant damages, its generally hard to get an attorney to handle the case and lay out the expenses. Gather your medical records and take them to a local personal injury attorney who offers a free 30 minute consultation. I know several in your area if you need assistance finding a consult. Good luck.

6. Anne Marie Breslin

1

1

Answered . It's disturbing that there was an ongoing problem with medical records that affected your treatment.

I would consider seeing a new doctor since they have an on-going problem mixing up your records with that of another person and have not been able to straighten it out.

If that is not an option, you need to discuss with them what actions they are going to take to make certain that the records do not get mixed up in the future. You might consider writing a letter to the head of the practice.

You also have the option of filing a complaint with the NJ Board of Medical Examiners - more information here - http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/bme/faq/conFAQ...

I agree with the other attorneys that a medical malpractice lawyer might not want to take this case but t's a good thing that you weren't seriously injured by getting the wrong treatment.