I am 57 !/2 cant get job,i beleive it is age disc.Have paid 40 credits into social security can i get ssi or social security

Asked over 3 years ago - Temple, TX

I am 57 1/2 cant get a job believe it is age disc.Have paid 40 credits into social security can i qualify for ssi or social security

1. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . It is hard to get a job at our age. Go to the closest local social security office with your social security card and they can give you a much more accurate answer than any of us out here in computerland as to your eligibility for specific benefits. They can also explain the procedure and give you the forms.

I truly wish you the best. If this helps, please click the ‘thumbs up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.