I am 27 and so is my boyfriend. We have a child together. He has mild aspergers so his mother is his legal guardian.

Asked over 2 years ago - Saint Paul, MN

If we want to get married, does he need her permisson?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Maury Devereau Beaulier

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes. If a person is under a Guardianship it means they have limitations in their abilities, called an incapacity, and, as a result, it is up to the aGuardian to step into the decision making role.

    Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement... more
  2. Michael J Corbin

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes.

    We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to... more
  3. Barbara Peyton


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Not unless there is some court order declaring him incompetent.
    Good luck. Happy marriage

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,629 answers this week

2,995 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,629 answers this week

2,995 attorneys answering