I am 19 years old hit a man in a electrical wheelchair with my car and have no insurance how much can they sue me for?

Asked about 1 year ago - Pawtucket, RI

I thought I had insurance but my father never told me he stopped paying for it.... So the whole time I was driving uninsured without knowing.... Noone in the accident was injured only a little damage to the wheelchair....... What can they sue me for?

1. Matthew C Simon

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . The can sue you for economic damages and possibly alleged pain and suffering. Get an experienced attorney who handles a personal injury cases to aid you. Good luck.

2. Jason Todd Studinski

5

1

Answered . Retain a local lawyer immediately. You should consult with a lawyer who defends folks in car wreck cases. These folks are often referred to as "insurance defense lawyers". You will want to hire one of them, even though you don't have insurance. They have experience defending cases like yours.

3. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

4

Answered . They can sue you for all of the victim's damages. Consult an attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Christopher Steven Hoffmann

2

1

Answered . In determining the value of a car accident case, the juries assesses fair and reasonable damages. If this is soley a property damages case, it sounds like the cost of repair and loss of use/rental value. Get an estimate to get it repair and an estimate for the rental of another chair during this period. That is an approximate idea assuming no personal injury claim. Another option is to call a local attorney, give a little more detail and get their opinion.

5. Kevin Coluccio

2

Answered . You need to contact and consult with a local attorney.

Pro

2

Answered . You can be sued for his damages, thus, retain a local lawyer to defend.

7. John T. Longo

Pro

Answered . In RI, if you do not settle up with person you hit (or more likely their insurance company), they can ask DMV to suspend your license until you pay or they agree to a payment plan.

If you file bankruptcy, you can probably wipe out the debt and keep your license. That will cost about 1,500.