I am 19 years old and live in Mukilteo, Washington. I pleaded guilty to a malicious mischief (3) .

Asked over 5 years ago - Mukilteo, WA

I had gotten a job at a local hospital and when they did my background check they found out I pleaded guilty. They said because of my guilty plea I cannot have the job. Can I ever get this removed? Where will I be able to work

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lance Rodman Fryrear


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Which court did you plead guilty in and when? In this state it takes 3 years of staying out of trouble after your probation period (usually 2 years) before you can remove anything from your record. It takes 2 years longer if the charge was DV related. I have removed several charges from prospective nursing clients in past as the medical area is very strict. You can always give me a ring and I can go over your options.

  2. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can try to get your conviction expunged but it would seem in the meantime you can work almost anywhere but in the hospital.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,304 answers this week

2,903 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,304 answers this week

2,903 attorneys answering