I am 19 years old and live in Mukilteo, Washington. I pleaded guilty to a malicious mischief (3) .

Asked over 5 years ago - Mukilteo, WA

I had gotten a job at a local hospital and when they did my background check they found out I pleaded guilty. They said because of my guilty plea I cannot have the job. Can I ever get this removed? Where will I be able to work

1. Lance Rodman Fryrear

Pro

Answered . Which court did you plead guilty in and when? In this state it takes 3 years of staying out of trouble after your probation period (usually 2 years) before you can remove anything from your record. It takes 2 years longer if the charge was DV related. I have removed several charges from prospective nursing clients in past as the medical area is very strict. You can always give me a ring and I can go over your options.

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . You can try to get your conviction expunged but it would seem in the meantime you can work almost anywhere but in the hospital.