I am 19 years old and just got a citation for misdemeanor larceny, what should I do? I need for it to not go on my record.

Waynesville, NC |

I have never been in trouble before, aside from traffic tickets.

Retain experienced legal counsel.

NOTE: Although a response is provided to the specific question, there may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. The questioner should not base any decision on the answer and is specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background. NOTE: There may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. Readers should not base any decision on the;information provided herein and are specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background WHY: The content herein is provided for educational purposes and should not be inferred as applying only to DWI / DUI criminal defense. In fact, it may be equally relevant to claims of personal injury involving accidents and the consumption of alcohol or more simply, to the daily practice of law. Bill Powers lectures on such issues on a regular basis with the intent to educate, to be fair, to be accurate and to encourage, open, honest and scientific discussion on the subject. Attorney Bill Powers did NOT represent the Defendant in the particular cause of action.

Attorney Powers has provided THE answer to your question. You are young with your career ahead of you. You certainly do not want to have to deal with the ball and chains that will flow from a theft conviction in your future. The way forward for you will only come through the efforts of a skilled criminal defense attorney who practices in your part of NC. Good luck. There's a lot more at stake here than you realize.

F. "Bill" William Powers

F. "Bill" William Powers

GREAT answer

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Thanks for the kind words.

When you speak to your lawyer, discuss the deferred prosecution program. That can help you avoid a conviction if you are guilty of the offense, and your lawyer can help you be accepted into that program.

No answer to these questions is intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for an actual conversation with a licensed attorney about the particular facts and circumstances of your case.

I grew up in waynesville and the district attorneys office in Haywood county is very serious about these type of charges. Call a lawyer to explore the options available.

Offices in Asheville, Gastonia, Charlotte, and Wilmington. Answers given on this site are intended to be general in nature and do not create attorney-client privilege. www.minicklaw.com