I am 18 years old and was walking around drunk with my friend hes 16. This is my first mic and was wandering what will happen??

Olathe, KS |

like i said im 18 and my friend is 16. We were walking around and the cops stopped us breathalized me and it was like a .19 idk forsure. I didnt feel drunk at all but i guess i was. What will happen in court?

1. A MIC conviction has additional consequences outside of any fine or counseling ordered by the court, including a 30 day driver's license suspension. You should contact an attorney to assist you in resolving this case.

Kate Zigtema, kate@mandmattorneys.com Maughan & Maughan LC, KC Area - (913) 647-7567 ; Wichita Area : (316) 264-2023 Legal disclaimer: This communication does not create an attorney client relationship or confidential privilege. Communications on this forum do not constitute legal advice and are meant to provide general information. Individuals are strongly advised to consult an attorney for specific legal advice that is tailored to their individual situations.

2. Since it is your first MIP it is likely you are eligible for a Diversion, and that might be the best route for you to go. I would recommend talking with an attorney as soon as you can.

3. MIP is more serious than most people realize. Importantly if you receive a second MIP, and you have another 3 years before that is no longer a possibility, the result can be even heavier. You may be eligible for diversion. You may have a defense or a motion to suppress. You will need to have a lawyer to evaluate all your options, explain them to you and assist in that process. Do not discuss the facts with anyone other than your lawyer. Contact one immediately.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.