I am 18 years old and was walking around drunk with my friend hes 16. This is my first mic and was wandering what will happen??

Asked about 2 years ago - Olathe, KS

like i said im 18 and my friend is 16. We were walking around and the cops stopped us breathalized me and it was like a .19 idk forsure. I didnt feel drunk at all but i guess i was. What will happen in court?

1. Catherine Ann Zigtema

2

Answered . A MIC conviction has additional consequences outside of any fine or counseling ordered by the court, including a 30 day driver's license suspension. You should contact an attorney to assist you in resolving this case.

2. Robert C. Gigstad

2

Answered . Since it is your first MIP it is likely you are eligible for a Diversion, and that might be the best route for you to go. I would recommend talking with an attorney as soon as you can.

3. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

1

Answered . MIP is more serious than most people realize. Importantly if you receive a second MIP, and you have another 3 years before that is no longer a possibility, the result can be even heavier. You may be eligible for diversion. You may have a defense or a motion to suppress. You will need to have a lawyer to evaluate all your options, explain them to you and assist in that process. Do not discuss the facts with anyone other than your lawyer. Contact one immediately.