I am 18 my girlfriend is 16 i am unable to see due to her uncle and i would like her to move in is it legal? can i be charged?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grand Junction, CO

My girl friend has no guardian but lives with her uncle that now Say's i can't see her for no reason we have been together 1 year 3 months i would like her to move in with me is there any law keeping her from being allowed to move in with me and my parents responsible adults see me in any way ? my parents have agreed to this it was there idea . would me or my parents be able to be charged in any way shape or form if she moved in with us ? or would any of them be able to stop her from moving in ?

her uncle is her caretaker yes

1. David Littman

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . The 16 year old girl is a minor and someone is legally responsible for her. Unless she is emancipated (read- employed, self sufficient, not dependent on anyone else), she has to wait until she is 18 when she is legally able to decide where she will live.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

2

1

Answered . I would not risk it.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Why in the heck would you want a 16 year old to move in with you. You are asking for trouble.