Skip to main content

I am 16 and i am trying to get my social security number from my mom and she want give it to me. What do I do?

Monroe, NC |

Me and my mom haven't been getting along lately and i am trying to better myself and to get a job. Every time i ask my mom for my social security card and she want give it to me. Is there any way i could get it? I cant fill out applications to get a job without it. HELP PLEASE!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should be able to apply for a replacement Social Security card from your local SSA office. If you are concerned that your mother would take the new card from the mail, you may want to consider having it mailed to the address of someone who you trust. Good luck.

  2. Apply for a replacement card.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics