I am 14 years old and i was caught stealing in J.C Penny, i have never stolen before until then

Asked over 1 year ago - Lexington, KY

i have never stolen a day in my life and I'm 14 years old the items of what i stole added up to $ 30 dollars they didn't take me to jail but I'm scared i gotta go court what will happen

1. Frank Mascagni III

3

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you. At 14, you will be prosecuted in Juvenile Court and eligible for some type on informal adjustment as a first offender. The case may be referred to a Juvenile Court Case Worker in lieu of court. Look in the mail for a notice.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . You posted a similar question this morning. Be patient, attorneys from your area will respond to your question.

3. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Mascagni. Make sure your parents know about this before anything comes in the mail and consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.