I am 14 years old and i was caught stealing in J.C Penny, i have never stolen before until then

Lexington, KY |

i have never stolen a day in my life and I'm 14 years old the items of what i stole added up to $ 30 dollars they didn't take me to jail but I'm scared i gotta go court what will happen

1. You posted a similar question this morning. Be patient, attorneys from your area will respond to your question.

2. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you. At 14, you will be prosecuted in Juvenile Court and eligible for some type on informal adjustment as a first offender. The case may be referred to a Juvenile Court Case Worker in lieu of court. Look in the mail for a notice.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

3. I agree with Attorney Mascagni. Make sure your parents know about this before anything comes in the mail and consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Shoplifting topics