I am in a chapter 13 bankruptcy, the judge retired, another judge was assigned my case, how do I file supplemental declaration?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I was informed that a hearing will take place and I need to file a brief and supplemental declaration. I am representing myself.

1. Brian Crozier Whitaker

7

Answered . ... the same way you would if the judge did not retire. Since you filed your Ch13 yourself, surely you are aware of how to file a document with the court.

2. Brad Francis Weil

5

Answered . Hire an attorney and have him file it for you

3. Matthew Erik Johnson

1

Answered . You will need to sign up for ECF and file it there. Look up ECF on your local bankruptcy court's site and call them for help setting it up.

4. David Michael Benson

Pro

Answered . If you are in a Chapter 13 case, you can hire an attorney for very little money since counsel is paid largely from plan payments. All you're doing by attempting to go it alone is endangering the viability of your case. The success rate of Chapter 13 cases filed without lawyers is very, very low. So do yourself a favor and find competent counsel to assist you.

- BensonBankruptcy.com