I am , 56 oversold man living in USA with a American citizen woman from last 30 yrs i came to this country without visa ,

Asked over 1 year ago - Winter Garden, FL

i have no criminal record or any illegal activities now i want to gate adjustment of status what can i do ? i want to marry my common law wife and visit my country and want to com back to my adopted country , please give me sum sound advise . thank - u

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. The new I-601A waiver (not available yet) may be a possible appropriate option but you should consult an AILA immigration attorney . Note that the new I-601A provisional waiver will require you to prove extreme hardship to your spouse and also require that you depart the US and complete the process at a consulate outside the country. Since you have no criminal record/activities explore your options which may include the I-601A - you definitely need an attorney to assist you.

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent... more
  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should meet with an attorney to see whether you are 245i eligible or are a likely candidate for a 601a waiver

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  3. Robert Louis Brown


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . you may have several options available for proceeding to permanent resident status. One of course, is to lawfully marry your United States citizen who you have been in a marital relationship for so many years. Using the new process which is available starting March 4th , you may file for a waiver while remaining in United States for the decision on the waiver. Assuming the decision is favorable you will receive a provisional approval and then may proceed outside the United States to obtain the resident status.

    You may have other options, but to explore them. you should set up a consultation with an immigration attorney.

    contact us:

    Immigration@ RBrownLLC.com

One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,033 answers this week

2,825 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,033 answers this week

2,825 attorneys answering