I am , 56 oversold man living in USA with a American citizen woman from last 30 yrs i came to this country without visa ,

Asked over 1 year ago - Winter Garden, FL

i have no criminal record or any illegal activities now i want to gate adjustment of status what can i do ? i want to marry my common law wife and visit my country and want to com back to my adopted country , please give me sum sound advise . thank - u

1. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

8

Answered . I agree with my colleague. The new I-601A waiver (not available yet) may be a possible appropriate option but you should consult an AILA immigration attorney . Note that the new I-601A provisional waiver will require you to prove extreme hardship to your spouse and also require that you depart the US and complete the process at a consulate outside the country. Since you have no criminal record/activities explore your options which may include the I-601A - you definitely need an attorney to assist you.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

6

Answered . You should meet with an attorney to see whether you are 245i eligible or are a likely candidate for a 601a waiver

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

4

Answered . you may have several options available for proceeding to permanent resident status. One of course, is to lawfully marry your United States citizen who you have been in a marital relationship for so many years. Using the new process which is available starting March 4th , you may file for a waiver while remaining in United States for the decision on the waiver. Assuming the decision is favorable you will receive a provisional approval and then may proceed outside the United States to obtain the resident status.

You may have other options, but to explore them. you should set up a consultation with an immigration attorney.

contact us:

Immigration@ RBrownLLC.com
    321.208.7324
    www.Brownimmigrationfl.com

One or more answers have been taken down.