I already have Spousal Support and Child Support court order.

Fremont, CA |

I already opened a case in Child Services Department, they are working on my case. What happens if they cannot find the Father of the child. Still I will get the support or not??? and
I would like to know how I will get my Spousal Support? what should I do now?

While DCSS has the experience and tools available to them, nevertheless, you are one of many, many individuals they are trying to service. If you want to expedite recovery of your support monies I would personally take action. Check with people who know where he works, where he lives and what he is doing. Search the Internet, there are many tools available for free or low cost that will help you locate and provide information on individuals. There are companies who will search all available records to locate him and if there is no find there is no fee. I would get proactive in this to expedite the process by DCSS

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

Let DCSS handle enforcing the support order. they have a great deal of experience and tools available to them to be successful. If they do not collect from him then no you do not get support. There is really nothing you can do about it except monitor the progress with DCSS.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks for the quick response. So even I cannot get child support? if they are not successful in finding.

Recommended articles about Family law