I along with 30 other employees were laid off from a company in Georgia on December 14, 2010.

Asked over 3 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

Management informed us that a decision would be made in January 2011 as to severance pay depending on a large order (money received). All other employees from previous lay offs were provided severance pay.

Also found out remaining employees received a raise and a bonus and confirmed that large order for parts did go through.

I am aware that Georgia is a right to work state. Do we have a case as a class action?

1. Jennifer H. Keaton

Answered . Based upon what you've provided, no, there is no class action here.

You and your colleagues received a promise that your employer would "think about" providing severance. January 2011 is not over, and your employer could still be "thinking about it." Alternately, the employer may already have decided not to provide severance, but the employer has no legal obligation to notify you of a negative decision.

In the meantime, do not delay in filing for unemployment compensation. You and your colleagues may be facing an unfortunate situation.

And, a quick correction, Georgia is an "at will" employment state.