I admitted fault to an accident that I believe to be the other person fault

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I agreed to pay for damages to the other person's vehicle but I told them I need to see 3 different estimate they didn't do it they found the most expensive auto body shop in Chicago now they are asking for 1479.44 in damages I found a body shop who would do in for less money does excellent work. My question is there a way around this mess or am I stuck with the outcome??

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

8

Best Answer

Answered . Turn the matter over to your insurer immediately. Cooperate with your insurer. If you are sued, you will be provided counsel as part of your cooperative agreement with your insurer.

And next time, do not say anything at the scene about fault.

2. Joseph Younes

4

Answered . If you don't have insurance and you refuse to pay, a lawsuit will be filed against you. At that point you can present your side of the case. If you have insurance turn it over to them.

3. Scott Robert Reizen

5

Answered . I agree with the sentiments of the previous poster. Never admit fault!

I would contact your insurance company. They will be in the best position to advise you.

Best of luck.

SR