I absolutely cannot afford to pay the Parent Plus loans due at this time. What can I do?

Palmyra, NE |

I had the understanding four years ago when I signed the first loan for my daughter that when she graduated it could be transferred to her. I now find out this is not true. I would like to transfer this to my daughter but her credit at this time is improving but I don't think she can get a loan to pay this off and make smaller payments. Is there any help out there for students to get a loan, especially when they are working full time making good money in their field? Thank you.

1. The only way to transfer it to her is to have her take out a loan to pay it off.

You can contact the lender about programs like income based repayment.

Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Mitchell Goldstein or the Goldstein Law Group does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.

2. As the first lawyer said, she will have to take out a loan and pay it off. Can she make the payment for you?