I-94 Expiry

Asked over 1 year ago - Palo Alto, CA

I have transferred my H1b and it's valid up to 2016 but my i-94 is getting expired by Dec 29 2013.
Do I have to apply for I-94 extension?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If your H-1B was "transferred" and valid until 2016, then you I-94 should be valid for the same duration, unless your attorney did not file for an extension of status. Consult with an immigration attorney for additional information.

  2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . More information is needed. Its unclear whether you were issued a new I-94. Are you sure that you requested an extension of stay? If so, then a new I-94 should indicate that your stay was extended until 2016. If not, then you may have to get a new visa stamp in your home country.

    This will take a bit of preparation, so contact the attorney who filed the petition or consider hiring a competent immigration and visa attorney.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Maria J. Marty


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . If your transfer was approved, you should have a new I-94 which supersedes your previous one. If the new I94 has the same expiration date, you might need a correction. You can of course consult with your employers attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,833 answers this week

3,649 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,833 answers this week

3,649 attorneys answering