Applied for a B2 extension for my parents on 04/01/13 but I-94 expires on 05/29/13; given this scenario I have a few queries
1. Will my parents be out of status if they stay in US after 05/29 ?
2. If yes would this impact any future US visits made after the current one?
3. If USCIS denies the application how many days do they have to leave US?
4. Can the DHS deport my parents while the USCIS decision pending?
Any help on this matter will be much appreciated.
It is up to you. They will not be out of status because timely filed request for an extension renders their stay authorized until the decision is issued.
Any request for an extension whether granted or not is always a consideration in future decisions to issue a nonimmigrant visa or grant admission.
Reasonable time. A week is probably reasonable. A month is probably not.
No. See my answer above.
Only you can decide whether to wait or not.
1. Status is governed by the I-94.
2. Depends on USCIS' decision and if a denial, how soon after it they leave the US.
You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
25,134 answers this week
2,662 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary