I-94 date extension for L2 VISA.

Chicago, IL |

Hi,

I am working on L1 VISA. Please find my details below
(VISA expiry date -- 12 MAR 2014) (I-94 till -- 15 SEP 2015)

My Wife’s L2 VISA Details
(VISA expiry date -- 12 MAR 2014) (I-94 till -- 12 MAR 2014)

1. Can i get my wife's I-94 extended to reflect my I-94 date without filing a L1 extension?
2. If my wife apply for EAD, will she get EAD expiry date as 12 MAR 2014 or 15 SEP 2015 (equivalent to L1's I-94).

Your answers will be very helpful.

She can request an L-2 visa until 2015 and an EAD until the same date.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Excuse me. Not a visa, but an L-2 extension.

Thank you Carl for clarifying my question. I heard that we can directly approach a CBP office and get the I-94 date changed. is it the correct way to do it? or Can i apply for my dependant's (L2) I-94 thru my company imiigration services? Thanks in advance.

1. Yes.
2. Sept. 15, 2015.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

1. Yes
2. After getting I-94 extended, EAD should cover until 2015.

Hope this helps!

1. Yes
2. It will match her I-94 (ie: 14 if filed now, 15 if filed after the extension is approved.)

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Recommended articles about Immigration