I-94 corrected by CBP, DMV system not showing the update

Asked over 2 years ago - Erie, PA

Hello There,

Last month I got my I-94 period of admission corrected at the Pittsburgh CBP deferred inspection site. I was at the DMV recently to renew my drivers license, but the DMV officer mentioned that their system did not show the corrected date hence would not be able to renew my license.

I called the Pittsburgh CBP officer and he said their system shows the corrected I-94 date.

It's more than a month since the corrected I-94 date was updated on the CBP system, but am not sure why the DMV system is not showing the update.

Is there anything that can be done so that DMV can renew my license based on the corrected date.

Thanks in advance.

1. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . Normally you are required to show lawful status in the U.S. to get your driver's license.
    Deferred inspection means that you have not yet been admitted. This is most likely the reason. Your I-94 is not an admission but permission to report to deferred inspection to be admitted.

There is some reason why you were given deferred inspection. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine the reason.