I-94 Card

Spring, TX |

I lost my passport and I-94 all together. I am ready to apply for my G.C. without those two important documents.How will it affect my application. Well I can get a new passport from the country am from but what about the I-94 card. thank You

Dont apply for your GC untill you get your I-94. You can file I-102 with USCIS and they should be able to locate your I-94 and send you another one.

Again it is always a good idea to hire an attorney. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to contact this office. Thanks. Good Luck!

I agree w/ me colleague. You can file for a replacement I-94, but get a consultation with competent counsel before filing with USCIS. Also, did you do a police report or other evidence to explain your lost documents? You also could consider a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the appropriate agency.

Before filing for the adjustment process consult with an excellent attorney to make sure you are actually eligible to apply. It is really a good idea to get help and don't try to do on your own. Search Avvo; Good luck.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

You need to prove that you entered the US lawfully. Unless you have copies of your passport and I-94, you need to file form I-102 and try to get copy of your original I-94.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues, but my experience is that I-102 applications take a long time - sometimes as much as a year. A faster approach may be to file a FOIA to US Visit, file the I-485 with proof of entry from US Visit (you usually get those within 4-6 weeks), and, if you want to be extra safe, file an I-102 simultaneously with the I-485. Meanwhile, get going on the new passport.
An experienced attorney could help you with this.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

My other problem is , I am out of status. So will that trigger the NHS in maybe deporting me? Because I will rather trying looking for it if it will gt me in a bad situation if I have to apply for all those form. Thank You

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

If you are out of status but will adjust status based on marriage to US citizen, it does not matter. If you are adjusting status based on LPR marriage or employment, you can't be out of status more than 6 months unless an exception applies.

Andrew Marino Bramante

Andrew Marino Bramante

Have an attorney file for you and use his/her office address.