I-90 processing time

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I received my green card last September; however, it contains an error by USCIS, so I had to send it back to them on the 3rd of October to be corrected.

That was 6 months ago, and the only thing I have received from them was the I-797. Does processing a replacement green card take that long? I checked my I-90 progress on their website and it was still at the "initial review" step. Thank you.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Yes, it can take a long time ... they have to re-do all your background checks.

Make an InfoPass appointment to have them check the 'real' computer ... the online system isn't worth the bubble gum and spit they used to patch it together.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . The USCIS website tells you what the estimated processing times are.

3. John Ting

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. It may be better to schedule an InfoPass appointment, but make sure you don't have to work that day, if possible.