I-90 processing time

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I received my green card last September; however, it contains an error by USCIS, so I had to send it back to them on the 3rd of October to be corrected.

That was 6 months ago, and the only thing I have received from them was the I-797. Does processing a replacement green card take that long? I checked my I-90 progress on their website and it was still at the "initial review" step. Thank you.

Yes, it can take a long time ... they have to re-do all your background checks.

Make an InfoPass appointment to have them check the 'real' computer ... the online system isn't worth the bubble gum and spit they used to patch it together.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

The USCIS website tells you what the estimated processing times are.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues. It may be better to schedule an InfoPass appointment, but make sure you don't have to work that day, if possible.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship. It is only for educational purposes. Contact Law Office of John Ting at 469-645-8464 or by email, We're located at 4026 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX. Visit our website at

Recommended articles about Immigration