I-90 Form to renew GreenCard - What Place should be written in "Location Where you applied for an Immigrant Visa"

New York, NY |

Hi my sister from Mississippi applied for my Immigrant Visa in 1990 and than I moved to Toronto, Canada in 2000 where I sent a letter to USCIS to change my address from India to Canada and in 2002 we got interview at Montreal, Canada US Embassy. So my question is What Place should be written in "Location Where you applied for an Immigrant Visa" in Form to renew GreenCard - in Part 3 and number 3 line.

1. Exactly that, the place where you applied for, were interviewed for, and received the immigrant visa.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. it is a fact question - where you applied for it.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. Should be a simple answer - the consulate where you in fact applied for it

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

4. It means exactly what it asks - i.e. the consulate's location.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.