I-90 Form - Renew Green Card: Incorrect name on issued card & Parent's First Name?

Asked over 1 year ago - Richardson, TX

I am in the process of renewing my green card and it is already expired . The name that was issued on my existing green card separated my first name as " first name " and " middle name " . ( First name " Megan " , it was issued as " Meg " for first name , and " An " for middle name . ) I have talked to an immigration officer what to do in this circumstance , I was told to attach a note to explain , and unsure whether I need to attach an original green card along with I - 90 or not ? ( It is already expired but I also need to correct the name . ) On I - 90 Form , I was asked to provide my parents' first names . Since my father has legally changed his first name when he became an U . S . citizen . I am unsure if I should be filling my father's new name or the name he used on the original Visa application ?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Just fill out the form with correct name in it and attach the note of explanation with proof of the legal name. Use both names of your father, the new one first followed by the old one. Explain in the note as well and attach a copy of his NC. Good luck.

    www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell:... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,203 answers this week

3,202 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,203 answers this week

3,202 attorneys answering