I-90 application to replace Green Card

Asked 9 months ago - Miami, FL

I have applied to replace my lost GC but the application is outside of normal processing time. I went to the local USCIS office and was told that it is pending background checks. I was wondering if there is an FBI name check done when someone applies to replace a lost green card . I remember from when I got my green card that the FBI name check take forever to complete and don't want to go through this again. Can someone who knows for sure if there is or their is not an FBI name check done on I-90 fillers answer this question please. Thanks

1. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, there is a background check.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

Answered . A standard background check is applicable to all applications connected to a green card. Whether you want it, or not. If you are not sure what is included in your background report, order one for yourself.

Pro

2

Answered . Yep...there's a background check