I-864EZ tax return

Everett, WA |

I am LPR, I am trying to fill the I864EZ for affidavit of support, on question 19 it is asking me to fill the 3 years of tax return and I have only 2 years tax return, I am the only sponser for my wife, should I check that box on question 19 and fill 2 years only?

Meet with an immigration attorney

Most likely the EZ isn't for you ... plus, if you only have LPR status, you may be premature in looking at the 864 forms.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Thank you so much, I called the NVC and they said that I need to submit EZ form and they need only the tax for 1 year

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Keep in mind: 1. The person you talked to is probably a 'contract' person in a call-center 2. That person probably didn't give you their name/employee number. With that said, you might get lucky, once the real government agent reviews the papers. If they're not satisfied, they will ask for more.

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The answer depends on facts which are not stated in your question. It would be well worth your time and money to see an immigration attorney. If you don't, there is an increased likelihood of you being asked to submit a Request for Evidence from USCIS.

Todd Matthew Heine

Todd Matthew Heine

I agree with Brandon!