Skip to main content

I-864A Joint Tax Return of Parents & Income to put on their individual I-864

Richmond, VA |

My parents and I are sponsoring my wife and I have shown my parents as household member on form I-864 (affidavit of support). So, I send two I-864 A form, one is for my dad and other is for my mom. I showed their individual income from w-2 on I-864 A.
Now, my question is which income should I put on line 11 of their individual I-864A? The total joint income shown on their joint tax return or their individual income from W-2?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I think you would put the individual income as you are filing 2 separate I-864As

    Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. I agree with Mr. Sham.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. I agree with Mr. Sham too.

    Baybik Law Group, P.C. Please be advised that the answer above is only informational in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require full understanding and an accurate account of all pertinent facts about your case. This answer is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is to be used only for informational/general informational purposes.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics