I-864A Joint Tax Return of Parents & Income to put on their individual I-864

Richmond, VA |
Filed under: Immigration

Hello,
My parents and I are sponsoring my wife and I have shown my parents as household member on form I-864 (affidavit of support). So, I send two I-864 A form, one is for my dad and other is for my mom. I showed their individual income from w-2 on I-864 A.
Now, my question is which income should I put on line 11 of their individual I-864A? The total joint income shown on their joint tax return or their individual income from W-2?

I think you would put the individual income as you are filing 2 separate I-864As

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks for reply! Well, So, I send two I-864 A form, one is for my dad and other is for my mom. I showed their individual income from w-2 on I-864 A. They only have salary income. Now, after I send those I-864A with other documents to NVC. But, NVC send me correction checklist stating,"Income indicated on line 11 of the I-864A doesn't correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W-2".

Alexus Paul Sham

Alexus Paul Sham

You should follow the instructions of the NVC.

Does that mean, should I put their total joint Income Shown on their Tax return?

I agree with Mr. Sham.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I agree with Mr. Sham too.

Baybik Law Group, P.C. Please be advised that the answer above is only informational in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require full understanding and an accurate account of all pertinent facts about your case. This answer is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is to be used only for informational/general informational purposes.