I-864 tax return

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

My US Citizen husband is filing this form for m for adjustment of status. He did NOT file tax return for 2012 (which is the "most current year", right?) but has tax returns for 2011 and 2010. He's working this year. What should be done? We do not wish to add a joint sponsor.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John M Connell


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Since this is an immigration question you need to repost it under immigration to get some good answers

  2. Brett A. Borah

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Workers comp is for on the job injuries. You don't mention any such injury so I don't think you belong in WC. Maybe Immigration law or tax law.

  3. Lee Alan Thompson

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Mr. Connell is correct

    Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful"... more

Related Topics

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,058 answers this week

3,584 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,058 answers this week

3,584 attorneys answering