I-864 sponsor

Las Vegas, NV |

I want to know how uscis knows that how many people I sponsor to get the greencard, I support too many people on I-864 and if I count all of them my income is not enough but I want to know uscis will saved my name as a sponsor for persons that i sponsored, none of those person get anything from me or sue me

1. Yes, you could by liable for support if you signed any affidavits of support.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. You will be held financially liable and responsible for each and every person you sponsored, should any of these individuals decide to go on welfare or obtain "means tested benefits." Your responsibility and exposure for each individual you sponsored ends on the day when anyone of them obtains US citizenship.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Read the I-864 very carefully. You will see any time you sign such a document, you are taking an oath to assist in the support of an individual. This is why it is very important for a person to read the document. Have there been situations where a person has been brought into a lawsuit to help pay - the answer is yes. Speak with an immigration attorney and they can help explain better with regard to your specific circumstance.

William Quirk, Esq. Meehan & Quirk, LLC 354 State Street, Hackensack, New Jersey (201)968-0800 http://www.meehanquirk.com The answers to questions provided by Mr. Quirk are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This information is for informational purposes only and does not form any relationship between the individual asking the question and the attorney. You should investigate and consider all possible outcomes with a skilled individual before making a final decision.