Skip to main content

I-864 Part 5 Sponsor's household size in "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit "c." i am married and sponsoring mom & dad

Bellflower, CA |

Hi SIR/MAM, I am sponsoring my mother and parents and my spouse is my joint sponsor/household member and I'm filling out the form i-864 part 5. I have confusion in "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit: b. yourself (default 1), c. if you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse. Do i have to enter 1 in the box? And at "h." how many household size will i put in the box?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to get off the Legal Elevator at 3rd Floor for Immigration. You got off on 2 for Workers' Compensation in error. Let me push UP for you.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


Good start.


Dear Sir,
HIre an attorney to address your complex legal issue.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Mr. Corson is right, as always. I don't know which floor immigration law is on but it's not on the workers' comp floor. He did you a nice favor by forwarding your inquiry along to immigration. Workers' comp is for on the job injuries. Good luck.


If you're the sponsor and have sponsored someone previously (a sibling, for example) you have to add them to the list unless that person has naturalized or has worked for 40 quarters (about 10 years). Otherwise you count everyone who lives with you, you, and your spouse. If you have dependents who don't live with you, but whom you claim as dependents on your taxes, also count them.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Please visit our website at For questions or to schedule a consultation, please call 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


You really should retain the services of a competent immigration attorney near you to complete the preparation of your paperwork.

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer