I-864 Part 5 Sponsor's household size in "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit "c." i am married and sponsoring mom & dad

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bellflower, CA

Hi SIR/MAM, I am sponsoring my mother and parents and my spouse is my joint sponsor/household member and I'm filling out the form i-864 part 5. I have confusion in "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit: b. yourself (default 1), c. if you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse. Do i have to enter 1 in the box? And at "h." how many household size will i put in the box?

1. Veronica Tunitsky

5

Answered . If you're the sponsor and have sponsored someone previously (a sibling, for example) you have to add them to the list unless that person has naturalized or has worked for 40 quarters (about 10 years). Otherwise you count everyone who lives with you, you, and your spouse. If you have dependents who don't live with you, but whom you claim as dependents on your taxes, also count them.

2. Sonya Nicole Campbell

5

Answered . You really should retain the services of a competent immigration attorney near you to complete the preparation of your paperwork.

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.
  3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Dear Sir,
    HIre an attorney to address your complex legal issue.

4. George Ellis Corson IV

1

Answered . You need to get off the Legal Elevator at 3rd Floor for Immigration. You got off on 2 for Workers' Compensation in error. Let me push UP for you.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.
  5. Brett A. Borah

1

Answered . Mr. Corson is right, as always. I don't know which floor immigration law is on but it's not on the workers' comp floor. He did you a nice favor by forwarding your inquiry along to immigration. Workers' comp is for on the job injuries. Good luck.