I-864 Immigration

Asked about 1 year ago - North Arlington, NJ

Can I use my car as an asset on the I-864, if I am making payments to a bank in which I have a loan for the vehicle?

When I originally filled out the I-864 months ago I was employed full time. Right now I am unemployed, I have a family member who lives with me adding this income to my child support to meet the financial requirements. I have an appointment w/ Immigration on 9/4/13, in which I will be submitting a new I-864 & an I-864a. I was wondering if I can add the car to the I-864 to put us way over the poverty line?

1. Asma Warsi Chaudry

5

1

Answered . Your car is a depreciating asset, so it will be worth less by the time the case is concluded.
    If your income is insufficient, the best way to ensure that the petition will be approved is if you have a co-sponsor who can assist you.

Pro

4

Answered . Get a co-sponsor

3. Brian Haksoon Lee

4

1

Answered . It is still an asset if you have a substantial amount of equity in the car. But I agree with my colleague, you should find a joint sponsor if you cannot meet the affidavit of support requirements with your income.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

1

Answered . A much better way to make sure you clear that financial hurdle is to find a Co-Sponsor for your case.

5. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

2

Answered . Best to find a co-sponsor. Any asset you try to have taken into account must worth be 5 times the missing amount for the affidavit.

6. John K Lassen

1

Answered . Get a co-sponsor and a good immigration lawyer

www.BulgarianImmigrationlawyer.com
    www.Immigration-Lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630