I-864 for NVC and taxes versus transcripts

Asked 7 months ago - New York, NY

So, my spouse and I submitted tax returns for four consecutive years with the IRS.
Spouse is USC and I am Non-Immigrant
My work visa ended and now im back (and filing for consular processing).

For a family of two, her income (as a sponsor) must exceed the threshold specified in i-864 P

I'm just curious about whether or not I need to SHOW her and my income seprately (in the form of a tax return as opposed to a tax transcript).

You see, we made over 100K+ every year the last four years - but as luck would have it i made about 80K every year.

Now, she is employed and has paystubs - but I was curious, about NVC and when submitting the AOS - should we include transcripts (which just show ONE joint income) or tax returns - which shows how much she made and how much I made (and so on

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . USC sponsor must attach a copy if her federal tax returns, with all schedules, irregardless of whether she filed her taxes jointly or not. Since YOUR income was legally earned (and apparently reported) it can and will be taken into account as well. If you two lived under the same roof together for at least 6 months, you the beneficiary will need to complete and sign Supplement A to Form I-864 "contract between sponsor and household member".

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Answered . I join in Mr. Behar's answer. Good and comprehensive explanation.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

6

1

Answered . Review the exact filing instructions carefully, if still uncertain or confused, retain a licensed immigration attorney to complete the process for your family.

4. Matthew David Jesse Udall

5

1

Answered . My preference is to use tax returns and submit copies of all w2s and/or 1099s (and 1098s).

5. Altin Nanaj

3

1

Answered . Your income can be considered. In addition with tax returns submit paystubs for your wife's current job along with employment verification letter. If her current income is above the threshold, you should be ok. Consider hiring an immigration lawyer to handle the case for you.

One or more answers have been taken down.