Skip to main content

I-864 evidence of income question.

Ontario, CA |

there will be 2 sponsors for the beneficiary, the petitioner plus 1 .. my question is , what if the petitioner does not have access to their tax returns, what else can the person use to show proof of income?, the second sponsor does have their taxes

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I am not sure why someone would not have access to tax returns. The sponsor can fill out a request to the IRS for transcripts of returns. W-2s and pay stubs can also provide evidence.

    Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. All tax payers have access to their tax returns.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. I would advise you to go to the IRS in person and request your certified copies of your tax returns. They must give them to you by law.

    Baybik Law Group, P.C. Please be advised that the answer above is only informational in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require full understanding and an accurate account of all pertinent facts about your case. This answer is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is to be used only for informational/general informational purposes.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics