I-864 Does Total Income at Q.25 need to match the w-2 figure?

Asked about 2 years ago - Mount Vernon, WA

I'm assisting my USC brother-in-law complete the I-864 as a co-sponsor in advance of my visa interview in London in a couple of weeks. We have all the necessary documentation, however:
The wages,salaries, tips etc. figure on the 1040 (Q.7 of the 1040) matches the w-2, but the total income (Q.22 of the 1040) is slightly lower. Which figure do I use on at Q.25 of the I-864 - the figure that matches the w-2, or the slightly lower total income figure?

Very grateful of any assistance.

(City and State referred to below is where I'll be, currently in the UK)

1. Janice Ann Flynn

2

Best Answer

Answered . You need to indicate the total income on the 1040 form which won't necessarily be the same as the wages on the W-2.

If you require more detailed advice I'm based in central London and can meet with you for a consultation prior to your interview.

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

2

Answered . We always use the adjusted gross income

3. Gen Kimura

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.