I-864 Affidavits of support

Conyers, GA |

While filing I-864 with the I-130 petition for alien relative, will the 1040 section from my last three year tax return be enough evidence to attach to the form as evidence of my tax being filed and how much income I have made those year.

I will be adding more evidence but i want to know for that particular situation as I explained above thank you.

1040, W-2, pay stubs, job letter, proof of LPR status or citizenship

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

I find your information to be quiet informative.

What if this person is self employed in an informal setting ? they make money but they don't have an organized structure are license for their establishment. They Do hair for a living but they don't have a license nor an hair shop that they work but they do their work by stay at their home or go to client house ?

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

meaning there is no W-2 or pay stubs? they need to get a certified transcript of their taxes from the IRS in this case

thank you.

In addition to copies of the tax returns, the person providing an Affidavit of Support should supply a letter from his/her employer confirming employment, salary, job title, date of hire and confirmation that continued employment is expected. He/she also should supply a most recent paystub showing both current earnings and YTD earnings. In some circumstances, such as where the person is self-employed, there are other documents that should be supplied.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. 1800 Century Place, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

Thank you for the response. What if this person is self employed in an informal setting ? they make money but they don't have an organized structure are license for their establishment.

They Do hair for a living but they don't have a license nor an hair shop that they work but they do their work by stay at their home or go to client house ?

David Nabow Soloway

David Nabow Soloway

It would be wise to engage an immigration attorney to learn the relevant details and then be able to answer those important questions and to provide legal advice about the most appropriate way to document the application package. Many law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" bases, rather than an hourly charge, and some law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge. [Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C. 1800 Century Place, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

Thank you seems like that's what I really need to do.

You use the number in the bottom right-hand corner on page 1 of the 1040 ... if that number is sufficient .. .don't add more evidence ... it will merely confuse things.

If that number is not sufficient ... then you should consult with an attorney .. it is tricky to supplement the evidence correctly.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

To clarify, my colleagues are correct in terms on including a copy of the 1040, W-2, tax transcript and employer letter .. I don't think of those items as being 'supplemental' evidence. They are what I view as minimal, required, evidence.

Thank you very much.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

They still need to report their income on the Schedule C ... which should also be included ... especially if there is no W-2.

No, you must submit the entire filing.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.