I-864 Affidavits of support

Asked over 1 year ago - Conyers, GA

While filing I-864 with the I-130 petition for alien relative, will the 1040 section from my last three year tax return be enough evidence to attach to the form as evidence of my tax being filed and how much income I have made those year.

I will be adding more evidence but i want to know for that particular situation as I explained above thank you.

1. David Nabow Soloway

6

1

Answered . In addition to copies of the tax returns, the person providing an Affidavit of Support should supply a letter from his/her employer confirming employment, salary, job title, date of hire and confirmation that continued employment is expected. He/she also should supply a most recent paystub showing both current earnings and YTD earnings. In some circumstances, such as where the person is self-employed, there are other documents that should be supplied.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . 1040, W-2, pay stubs, job letter, proof of LPR status or citizenship

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . No, you must submit the entire filing.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . You use the number in the bottom right-hand corner on page 1 of the 1040 ... if that number is sufficient .. .don't add more evidence ... it will merely confuse things.

If that number is not sufficient ... then you should consult with an attorney .. it is tricky to supplement the evidence correctly.