I-864 affidavit of support with multiple joint sponsors?? HELP

Asked 12 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

im filing an affidavit of support with 2 joint sponsors, so its a total of 3 sponsors just in case mine isnt enough... will they deny it or get upset if I submit more than needed?, i just want to make sure the income is more than sufficient so there are no problems

1. Debbi Lee Klopman

10

Answered . I am assuming that yours is a family-based case. If so, your affidavit of support and supporting financial documents should demonstrate that you can support your family member at 125% of the poverty level. If you can demonstrate this, through your income or assets, you should send in only your own affidavit of support. If you need one other because your own financials cannot support your beneficiary/family member, then include the second one. Good luck!

2. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

8

1

Answered . Use form I-864P to determine if your income or the joint-sponsors' income will be sufficient. You should know that each joint sponsor's income must meet the income requirements individually, so combining three incomes would really be of no use unless the sponsors are in the same household.

3. Stephen D. Berman

6

Answered . If the income is sufficient, you should not need nor should you file additional affidavits of support.

4. Otis Carl Landerholm

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Use only enough sponsors as you need to adequately meet the 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines as shown on form I-864P. (You can google that form number and it'll come right up). Have a lawyer help you -and your sponsors- if you have any questions or concerns.

Good luck,

Otis C. Landerholm, Esq.
    www.LanderholmLawOffice.com

5. Sassoun Armen Nalbandian

Pro

Answered . Each joint sponsor's household income must exceed 125% of the poverty guidelines as indicated on Form I-864P. If you have a joint sponsor whose household income does exceed this threshold, you do not and should not use a second joint sponsor. It is unnecessary and would raise eyebrows.