I-864 Affidavit of Support/Immigration

Asked 7 months ago - Seattle, WA

I will be the sponsor for my husband and I am self employed. I will send my Gross and net Income for the Immigration next month. They both meet the $20,000 requirement but only for the year 2013. I have learned The Immigration requires the last 3 years but the year 2012 and 2011 were not even close since I had many business expenses and deductions. My husband does not have any Co sponsor and will depend only on me. What to do at this point? Thanks for the help!

1. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

2

1

Answered . You must provide information regarding your income for the most recent 3 tax years, but your income only needs to meet the guidelines currently, so you should be OK. You will want to get a letter from your accountant instead of an employer, since you are self-employed.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

1

1

Answered . You must disclose your income for the past three years. However, if your current income meets the requirements, you should be fine.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

1

1

Answered . Your current income is what is most important. Submit documents to establish your current income. Your income for the past 3 years does not need to meet the income requirement, only your current income. Best wishes.