I-864, Affidavit of Support Affidavit of support for my Mother.

Asked 4 months ago - Irvine, CA

I am the petitioner and the beneficiary is my mom. I am still confused on what type of I-864 to be filled. I assumed I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act since all three paragraphs applies to me, I am the only sponsor and all my salary is coming from my one job. Though as filing my taxes, me and my wife always do joint filing. is this will affect my plans on filling up the I-864EZ, or I need my wife to be the joint sponsor and we should file the 1-864 and I-864A?

My salary is good enough as only to be the sponsor so I am planning not to include my wife that's why the I-864EZ is the easiest to complete.

As for the Taxes summary, should we put both our earnings or just my own as per I-864EZ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . If you qualify based on your last year's income, then file the EZ version of the Form. Your wife needs to complete and sign the "A" Supplement. Type in your combined adjusted gross income with your wife you declared on your Form 1040 you filed together.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . You need to file I864 and your wife needs to through in I864A.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now