I-864, should I submit pay stubs

Asked 12 months ago - Cedar Grove, NJ

My husbands 2012 tax return adjusted annual income is 15700, however he started a new job in July which he is estimated to work 35000 annually should I submit his pay stubs even though its less than 6 months worth (he gets paid every week). He is filing for me and my 8 yr son.

Or do I still need a joint sponsor?

I don not have a work permit, I am filing all the forms together at once (I 130, I 485, I 864 etc) so the question is in regard to my husband.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . If you have your employment authorization since that time, you can count your income in with I-864A.

2. Leonard Roy Boyer

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the answer of my distinguished colleague. If you have valid wok authorization, you do not have to worry. Good luck.

3. Harry Asatrian

1

Answered . By and large, if you can get a joint sponsor you could eliminate possible delays and issues in processing your matter. The issue with showing your work authorization is that you may not be issued same if you can't satisfy the minimum requirement of the affidavit of support, which will trigger a Request for Evidence stopping the work authorization processing. Thus, if you receive an request for initial evidence, you will not get your work authorization until you can satisfy the request. So this brings up a practical question - how can you show an EAD if it is not issued until you meet the affidavit of support requirement first. Good luck.