I-797C, Notice of Action (Rejection Notice)-check returned for I-765 (EAD), is the fee waived?

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Good day! The check issued by my husband for my I-765 was returned by USCIS. The form stated that I submitted the form with extra remittance that is not required to process my application. I submitted I-130, I-485 and I-765 concurrently, this would mean that the fee for I-765 is waived?

I read the instruction and my category is C9, fee is not required if the application is for renewal, but mine is for initial.

Thanks and regards

The I-485 fee of $ 1,0790 includes the fee for the I-765 and i-131.

The fee is waived when you file I-130 and I-485 concurrently with the I-765

Wolf W. Kaufmann
Southern California Immigration Attorney
www.wolfklaw.com
951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

If you are filing the I-485 this year, the I-765 and I-131 are included in the I-485 fee as per the form instructions.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.