I-765, I got a email from USCIS that background check is going on , will get a decission in 180 days , y does it take that long

Newark, CA |

I raised a Service Request on 76th day , I applied my application on Nov 19th - 2012 ,Today i got a email from USCIS that background checks are goin on this case , They are stating that u will get a decission with in 180 days , I am really worried y does it take that long time for that , Plz can any one help me in getting my case faster..

I've shared your question with Avvo's immigration law forum, where your question may be seen by more attorneys who practice in this area of the law. *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

Every applicant is required to undergo background checks. The background checks are performed by various government agencies and their processing is mot controlled by the USCIS.

Because of that fact, no one can accurately predict how long the background checks will take. When they are complete, the USCIS may then take action.

Please review the USCIS Fact Sheet for further information with link below:

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2

Recommended articles about Employment