I-751 Waiver Interview in April , Attorney not able to attend, My Options?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

I have an interview scheduled in april after 18 months of filing, My attorney first agreed to attend but later said because of conflict with another interview, he wont be able to make it. I really want to attend as I think it may delay my case processing. I recieved this interview after 18 months of filing my case. I think I have a very strong case. Should I go myself or get another attorney. Thanks in advance.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should hire another attorney to accompany you.

    Please click the link below for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Grace Montesino Esnardo

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is always good to have an attorney present with you on a waiver interview and have another set of fresh eyes go over the paperwork. There is no such thing as being over prepared in situations like yours. Contact another attorney who is located in Northern Virginia. Check my website.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice
  3. Andrew Marino Bramante

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should hire another attorney to go with you (and to completely review all your evidence with a fresh set of eyes).

    [I have a son and grandchild nearby, so call or email me if you want a quote.]

    Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with... more
  4. Madhu Kalra


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can ask your attorney what he suggests. If he has a conflict, you can ask for continuance , hearing could be reset in next 30-45 days or get another counsel.

    Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,728 answers this week

3,240 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,728 answers this week

3,240 attorneys answering