I-751 Waiver Interview in April , Attorney not able to attend, My Options?

Fairfax, VA |

I have an interview scheduled in april after 18 months of filing, My attorney first agreed to attend but later said because of conflict with another interview, he wont be able to make it. I really want to attend as I think it may delay my case processing. I recieved this interview after 18 months of filing my case. I think I have a very strong case. Should I go myself or get another attorney. Thanks in advance.

You should hire another attorney to accompany you.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You should hire another attorney to go with you (and to completely review all your evidence with a fresh set of eyes).

[I have a son and grandchild nearby, so call or email me if you want a quote.]

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

You can ask your attorney what he suggests. If he has a conflict, you can ask for continuance , hearing could be reset in next 30-45 days or get another counsel.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012

It is always good to have an attorney present with you on a waiver interview and have another set of fresh eyes go over the paperwork. There is no such thing as being over prepared in situations like yours. Contact another attorney who is located in Northern Virginia. Check my website.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice

Recommended articles about Immigration